Tuna in Tomato Sauce (Tonno e Pomodoro)
Recipe Swap Linda Diorio classic Italian recipe Serve over pasta
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 28 ounce(s) cans crushed Italian plum tomatoes
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) Italian seasoning, or to taste
- 2 can(s) light tuna packed in olive oil (about 7 ounces each)
- Olive oil (enough to cover bottom of pot)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1. Heat olive oil in pot. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add minced garlic ; saute until just softened. Add crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning and bay leaf. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2. Stir in tuna along with its oil. Heat through. Serve over shortcut pasta, such as penne or rigatoni.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note