These were a little blah. I spruced them up by adding shredded cabbage and a black bean/corn relish. (1 can black beans, 1 can corn, diced red onion, cilantro, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste) It gave them some flavor.
Brighten up weeknight dinners with easy and flavorful Tuna-Guacamole Tacos. The guacamole is very creamy and tasty on its own--make extra.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 402
- Fat: 17.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 37.3g
- Carbohydrate: 28.2g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 430mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 ripe peeled avocados, mashed
- Cooking spray
- 2 (10-ounce) Yellowfin tuna steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1. Combine the onion, lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and avocados.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle tuna with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add tuna to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Cut tuna into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Warm tortillas according to the package directions. Divide avocado mixture evenly among tortillas. Divide tuna evenly among tortillas.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note