Tuna, Green Olive, and Egg Salad Sandwiches
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 431
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 21g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 1003mg
- Cholesterol: 222mg
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 1 can (5 oz.) canned tuna,* drained
- About 1/4 cup thinly slivered white onion
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 ripe tomato, cut into 8 thin slices
- 8 slices toasted ciabatta bread
- 1. Put eggs in a small saucepan. Cover with hot water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit 12 minutes. Drain and rinse eggs with cold water until cool. Peel and quarter.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and paprika. Add olives, tuna, onion, and parsley, and stir just to combine, leaving tuna in large chunks.
- 3. Arrange 2 tomato pieces on each of 4 slices ciabatta. Top with tuna mixture, dividing evenly, and remaining slices ciabatta.
- *For the most sustainable choice, look for pole- or troll-caught tuna.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This