This was really good. I omitted the tomatoes because fiancee doesn't like, and substituted them with portabella mushrooms. I rubbed the tuna with dried oregano & thyme for extra flavour.
Tuna, Goat Cheese, and Spinach Tacos
With flavors more Mediterranean than Mexican, this luscious recipe gives a crowd-pleasing twist to a Latin favorite.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces room-temperature goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 pounds (1/2-inch-thick) tuna steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Combine sour cream and goat cheese in a bowl, stirring until blended. Set aside.
- Sprinkle tuna steaks with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add tuna, and cook 2 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
- Add tomatoes to skillet, and remove from heat. Cook tomatoes with residual heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add spinach; stir 1 minute or until slightly wilted. Remove from skillet.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Slice tuna across the grain into 1/4-inch strips. Place strips on half of each tortilla. Top with spinach and tomatoes, and drizzle with goat cheese mixture. Fold tortilla, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes