I made this with hot Spanish smoked paprika and it was delicious! I would definitely make this again.
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke, Jan Gautro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 391
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 23.7g
- Carbohydrate: 46.5g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 1052mg
- Calcium: 198mg
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (1-inch) cut green beans (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots (about 2 medium)
- 2 fire-roasted piquillo peppers, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 (7.8-ounce) jar premium tuna, packed in oil, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 8 (1-ounce) slices French bread
- Preheat broiler.
- Bring 2 quarts water and salt to a boil. Add green beans; cook 4 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Combine green beans, shallots, peppers, chickpeas, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, and paprika in a small bowl, stirring well. Add mayonnaise mixture to bean mixture; toss gently to combine. Arrange 1 cup arugula on each of 4 plates; top each serving with about 1 cup bean mixture. Divide tuna evenly among plates.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over bread slices; place bread on a baking sheet. Broil 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Serve toasts with salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This