A tangy avocado-buttermilk sauce gives these simple croquettes fresh appeal. Serve them with lettuce or on soft hamburger buns.
Southern Living APRIL 2014
1. Grate zest from lime to equal 2 tsp. Cut lime in half; squeeze juice from lime to equal 5 tsp.
2. Process 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup cilantro, next 3 ingredients, 1 Tbsp. water, and 3 tsp. lime juice in a food processor until smooth.
3. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together tuna, next 2 ingredients, lime zest, and remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup cilantro, and 2 tsp. lime juice. Gently stir in 2/3 cup panko. Shape mixture into 8 (2-inch-wide) patties. Dredge in remaining panko.
4. Melt butter in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat; add patties to skillet, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer to oven.
5. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Serve over lettuce with avocado mixture and lime wedges.
Note: We tested with Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore in Water.
Go to Full Version of