Instead of provolone cheese, you can use Swiss, Cheddar, or any other type of sliced cheese.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 open-faced sandwich)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 161
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 13.9g
- Carbohydrate: 13.6g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 340mg
- Calcium: 132mg
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small yellow bell pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) can white tuna in spring water, drained and flaked
- 4 (3/4-ounce) slices reduced-calorie seven-grain bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup torn fresh watercress
- 2 teaspoons Italian dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 (1-ounce) slices provolone cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1. Cut tops off bell peppers; remove and discard seeds and membranes. Cook bell peppers in boiling water 5 minutes; drain. Rinse with cold water until cool, and drain. Cut bell peppers into 1/4-inch-wide slices. Set aside.
- 2. Preheat broiler.
- 3. Spoon tuna evenly over toasted bread slices; arrange 2 tablespoons watercress over each. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon Italian dressing over each sandwich. Top evenly with bell pepper slices, and sprinkle evenly with black pepper. Top with cheese strips. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve warm with assorted fresh vegetables, if desired (vegetables not included in analysis).
- carbo rating: 12
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note