I have made these several times now, but I substitute chicken for tuna. They are always a hit and disappear quickly. I use the Tyson cooked chicken in pouches that are right next to the tuna or the canned chicken and it is delicious! The pink lady apples are a perfect addition. I often do not add celery or onion, again that is our taste - but just the combo of chicken/tuna salad, apples, and havarti cheese in the tartlets is perfect.
Tuna-Apple Mini Melts
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup diced Pink Lady apple*
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 hard-cooked egg, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 2 (12-oz.) cans solid white tuna in spring water, drained and flaked
- 3 (1.9-oz.) packages frozen mini-phyllo pastry shells, thawed
- 12 deli Havarti cheese slices, cut into 4 pieces each
- Garnish: thin Pink Lady apple slices
- 1. Stir together first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in tuna. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 2. Divide mixture among phyllo shells (about 1 Tbsp. each), and place on a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Top with cheese pieces.
- 3. Preheat broiler with oven rack 5 1/2 inches from heat. Broil tartlets 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.
- *Gala apple may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers