Tuna-and-Chickpea Sandwich with Tahini Dressing
Try this savory tuna salad atop fresh mixed greens.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) can tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1 (16-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3 pita bread rounds, cut in half
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl until smooth. Add tuna and next 5 ingredients; toss gently to combine.
- Line each pita half with lettuce, and fill evenly with salad. Serve immediately.
- Wine note: "Tahini pairs well with Hangtime Pinot Noir 2003 [$16]. Pinot Noir always turns sweeter with foods that are salty. This great pick is fruity, with flavors of cherry and strawberry." --Rosalind Johnson, Divas Uncorked, Massachusetts
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes