Tuna and Black Bean Salad Wraps
A light, refreshing sandwich all wrapped up inside a crisp bed of lettuce, this dish is perfect for enjoying on those warm, sunny days. Full of vibrant color and flavor, each bite is packed with heart-healthy canned tuna, fiber-rich canned black beans and tasty veggies that will stimulate your taste buds.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) tuna in olive oil, drained
- 3/4 cup fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced Serrano peppers
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 large butter lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine beans, tuna, tomatoes, onion, peppers, oil and lime juice. Toss gently, being careful to keep tuna in bite-size pieces. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour. Add parsley and cilantro; season with salt and pepper. Spoon tuna salad into lettuce leaves. Fold up leaves and eat taco style.
- Servings: 6
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories 270; Total fat 17g; Saturated fat 2.5g; Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 200mg; Carbohydrate 14g; Fiber 5g; Protein 18g; ; Vitamin A 25%DV*; Vitamin C 20%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 10%DV
- * Daily Value
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CannedFoodFan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note