Tryon Palace Ginger Cookies
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine oil and 1 cup sugar in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended. Add egg, and beat well. Gradually stir in molasses.
- Sift together flour, soda, salt, ginger, and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl; gradually add to creamed mixture, stirring well after each addition.
- Place remaining sugar in a small mixing bowl; drop dough by teaspoonfuls into sugar, rolling to coat well.
- Place balls 3 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes. (Cookies will flatten and crinkle.) Cool slightly on cookie sheets. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note