Truffled Roasted Mushrooms on Garlic Polenta
- 4 cup(s) milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 cup(s) cornmeal
- 1 cup(s) shiitake mushrooms, washed and stemmed
- 3 ounce(s) white truffle oil
- 3 to 4 ounce(s) Fontina cheese
- Fresh basil
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Bring milk, garlic, pepper and salt to a boil over medium heat. Slowly whisk in cornmeal, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes. Transfer to a small sheet pan and smooth with a spatula. Set aside to cool.
- Toss mushrooms with truffle oil, salt and pepper on a large sheet pan. Roast until tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Use a 2-inch round cookie cutter to cut polenta into rounds. Sear both sides in a hot pan over high heat for 1 minute.
- Arrange polenta rounds on a platter and top each with roasted mushrooms. Grate cheese over tops. Garnish with basil and balsamic glaze. Serve at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note