Decided to use the olive oil instead and it did give the dish a light flavor coupled with the fresh thyme. Potatoes inverted perfectly onto plate, no sticking and it held beautifully. I cooked on the stovetop as directed, but either during this process or while in the oven the potatoes browned too much. Maybe it only needed five minutes on the stovetop.
Truffled Pommes Anna
A small amount of truffle oil infuses the whole dish with loads of earthy essence. If you don't have truffle oil, you can use olive oil for a more subtle flavor. Use a mandoline for quick, easy, uniform potato slices.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- Calories: 215
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 31.4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 328mg
- Calcium: 9mg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 2 1/2 teaspoons white truffle oil, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Combine 2 teaspoons thyme and kosher salt in a small bowl.
- 3. Drizzle butter into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet coated with cooking spray. Arrange a layer of slightly overlapping potato slices in a circular pattern in pan; sprinkle with about 1/2 teaspoon salt mixture and drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon truffle oil. Repeat layers 4 times, ending with truffle oil. Press potato mixture firmly to pack. Cook over medium-high heat for 6 minutes without stirring.
- 4. Cover with foil, and bake at 450° for 20 minutes on bottom rack in oven.
- 5. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife. Loosen edges of potatoes with a spatula or knife. Place a plate upside down on top of pan; invert potatoes onto plate. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables