True Genoa's Pesto
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 13/25 ounce(s) basil leaves cleaned with a clean cloth
- 1 2/5 ounce(s) pine nuts shelled
- 3 13/25 ounce(s) parmesan (Parmigiano Reggiano) grated
- 0 7/10 ounce(s) pecorino cheese grated
- 3 13/25 ounce(s) extravirgin olive oil from Liguria Region
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 2 11/100 ounce(s) marine salt
- Put salt and garlic on bottom of a marble mortar (traditional way) or a blender. In this way mashed basil will remain bright green. Add basil and mash (or blend), then add pine nuts and cheeses, then add the oil slowly, nearly drop to drop, and form a smooth cream.
- Store in a glass jar with a layer of oil on top and tightly seal.
- It lasts for 2-3 months.
- Best served with trenette (a kind of pasta, see picture above) with potato slices and green beans all boiled together, or potato dumplings (gnocchi) or trofie (weat thin twisted dumplings)
- Once your chosen pasta is cooked, add the pesto (never heat pesto!!!!!!!), eventually some cooking water or light cream and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by benedyglen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note