Trout with Olives, Grape Tomatoes, and Apple-Smoked Bacon
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 215
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 23.1g
- Carbohydrate: 6.7g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 677mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 2 (6-ounce) trout fillets
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 applewood-smoked bacon slice (such as Hormel), finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomato halves
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Place fish, skin side down, on work surface; sprinkle fish with 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Sprinkle with pepper and salt; set aside.
- 3. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; add bacon and garlic. Cook 4 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer browned garlic and bacon to a paper towel-lined plate; discard drippings in pan.
- 4. Place pan over medium-high heat; add fish, skin side down. Cook 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and olives to pan.
- 5. Place pan in oven; broil 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Place fish and vegetables on individual serving plates, and sprinkle evenly with chopped basil and bacon mixture. Serve with lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This