- 2 (6-ounce) trout fillets
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 applewood-smoked bacon slice (such as Hormel), finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomato halves
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Lemon wedges
- calories 215
- caloriesfromfat 46 %
- fat 10.9 g
- satfat 2.7 g
- protein 23.1 g
- carbohydrate 6.7 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- cholesterol 103 mg
- iron 1.1 mg
- sodium 677 mg
- calcium 49 mg
How to Make It
Place fish, skin side down, on work surface; sprinkle fish with 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Sprinkle with pepper and salt; set aside.
Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; add bacon and garlic. Cook 4 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer browned garlic and bacon to a paper towel-lined plate; discard drippings in pan.
Place pan over medium-high heat; add fish, skin side down. Cook 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and olives to pan.
Place pan in oven; broil 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Place fish and vegetables on individual serving plates, and sprinkle evenly with chopped basil and bacon mixture. Serve with lemon wedges.