Trout with Almonds
Although this recipe is higher in fat than most of the fish entrées in this chapter, the fats are mostly monounsaturated and polyunsaturated, the heart-healthy types of fat. Compare the 15.6 grams of fat in one serving of this dish to the 54 grams of fat found in a serving of traditional trout amandine.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 339
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 16.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 37.8g
- Carbohydrate: 8.2g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 275mg
- Calcium: 136mg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) rainbow trout fillets
- 3 tablespoons yogurt-based spread (such as Brummel & Brown), divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Add fish; seal bag, and turn gently to coat.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon spread in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook, turning once, 5 to 6 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Set fish aside, and keep warm.
- 3. Add 2 tablespoons spread, lemon juice, and parsley to pan. Bring to a simmer. Spoon sauce over fish; sprinkle with almonds.
- carbo rating: 7
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes