Trout Skillet Dinner
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 pounds trout fillets, cut into 6 serving-size portions
- Vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, parboiled, peeled, and sliced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large mixing bowl, stirring well. Dredge fish in flour mixture; set aside. Heat 1/4 inch oil in a large skillet; add fish, and brown on both sides. Remove from heat; drain excess oil.
- Place onion and potato slices over fish in skillet; set aside. Combine tomatoes, catsup, and remaining salt and pepper; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese; cover, and simmer 20 minutes or until onion is tender. Serve immediately from skillet.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes