Trout Skillet Dinner
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 pounds trout fillets, cut into 6 serving-size portions
- Vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, parboiled, peeled, and sliced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large mixing bowl, stirring well. Dredge fish in flour mixture; set aside. Heat 1/4 inch oil in a large skillet; add fish, and brown on both sides. Remove from heat; drain excess oil.
- Place onion and potato slices over fish in skillet; set aside. Combine tomatoes, catsup, and remaining salt and pepper; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese; cover, and simmer 20 minutes or until onion is tender. Serve immediately from skillet.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note