Trout with Pumpkin Seed-Sage Gremolata
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 364
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 32g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 333mg
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- About 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, lightly crushed and peeled
- 2 ounces day-old bread (about 2 slices), torn
- About 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- About 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 cleaned, boned rainbow trout (about 10 oz. each), heads and tails removed
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Preheat oven to 425° and line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper; set aside. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic clove and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes; remove garlic and reserve.
- 2. Pulse bread pieces in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Add crumbs to frying pan (don't wipe out bowl of processor) with 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until crunchy and lightly golden, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3. Put sage, reserved garlic clove, and lemon zest in food processor and pulse until well chopped. Add the pumpkin seeds and salt to taste and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- 4. Cut fish down the center to create 4 fillets. Rub each with scant 1 tsp. of remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Place fillets on prepared baking pan and roast until fish starts to turn opaque, about 5 minutes.
- 5. Sprinkle bread crumbs over fish. Roast until crumbs are browned and fish is cooked through, about 5 minutes more. Transfer to plates, sprinkle with gremolata, and serve with lemon wedges and green salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note