Great stuff! I added pecans in the topping and substituted bourbon for rum. My coconut was a little dry, so I added a little bourbon to it too.
Tropical Sweet Potato Casserole
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 189
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 42.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 41mg
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Calcium: 33mg
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- Place sweet potato in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well; return sweet potato to pan. Beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth; add banana and next 4 ingredients, beating well.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pour sweet potato mixture into an 11- x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle mixture with flaked coconut. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This