Easy to make, and my family gave it rave reviews. Thank you so much for this recipe, it has become a family favorite in my home:)
Tropical Sweet Potato Casserole
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
Cool: 10 Minutes
- 6 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Bake sweet potatoes 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tender. Let cool 10 minutes, and peel. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- 2. Mash potatoes with a potato masher or fork until smooth, or press through a ricer. Stir in crushed pineapple and next 4 ingredients. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle marshmallows and coconut over top, and bake 8 to 10 more minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables