This was simply delicious, the blend of the fruits with the delicious dressing made this a keeper. I marinated the chicken in a lemon/garlic/rosemary mixture for 6 hours and it was great, plus I used a special basil olive oil and a raspberry vinegar puree that made the dressing out of this world! A real keeper!
Tropical Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken
Sliced mangoes give Tropical Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken its island-style moniker. Raspberries and goat cheese add to this main-dish salad's pops of color.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 8 Minutes
- 2 pounds skinned and boned chicken breasts
- Basil Vinaigrette, divided
- 2 (6-oz.) packages fresh baby spinach
- 2 mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 (4-oz.) package goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Combine chicken and 3/4 cup Basil Vinaigrette in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal and chill 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 2. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 3. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until done. Let chicken stand 10 minutes; slice.
- 4. Toss spinach, mangoes, and onion with 1/4 cup Basil Vinaigrette in a large bowl; arrange on a serving platter. Top with grilled chicken. Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese and raspberries. Serve with remaining Basil Vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note