This warm, chutney-like condiment goes well with tuna, whitefish, salmon, chicken, or pork.
Yield: Makes 2 cups
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until most liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments