Serve this salsa with tortilla chips, grilled shrimp, or black beans and rice.
Yield: 3 cups
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Stir together pineapple, mango, peanuts, and coconut.
- Stir together reserved pineapple juice, coconut milk, and next 6 ingredients; add to pineapple mixture, tossing to coat. Chill 30 minutes.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used drained mango slices in a jar, found in the produce section of supermarkets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tropical Salsa Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers, Dips/Spreads, Sauces/Condiments
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, No-Cook, Quick/Easy
- CUISINE: American, Caribbean
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- OCCASION: Father's Day, July 4th, Kwanzaa, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Mother's Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living