Tropical Salad with Pork Kabobs and Citrus-Chimichurri Vinaigrette
Photo: Jennifer Davick
Look for sweet mini bell peppers in the produce section.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 40 Minutes
- 6 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 (1 1/2-lb.) package pork tenderloins
- Citrus-Chimichurri Vinaigrette
- 1 pt. sweet mini bell peppers
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (5-oz.) package spring greens mix
- 2 mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted cashews, chopped
- 1. Soak wooden skewers in hot water to cover 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, remove silver skin from tenderloin, leaving a thin layer of fat; cut pork into 2-inch pieces. Pour 1/4 cup Citrus-Chimichurri Vinaigrette into a large shallow dish; add pork pieces, turning to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread pork and sweet peppers alternately onto skewers, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces. Let stand 15 minutes. Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, 5 to 7 minutes or until done. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 4. Divide salad greens among 6 salad plates. Top with sliced mango and kabobs. Drizzle with desired amount of remaining vinaigrette, and sprinkle with raisins and cashews.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This