- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, cubed (about 4 cups)*
- 2 tablespoons coconut rum**
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter or margarine, cut up
- 1 cup crumbled white chocolate-and-macadamia nut cookies
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Simple Coconut Ice Cream (optional)
How to Make It
Combine pineapple and rum; spoon into a 9-inch baking dish or 6 (5-inch) individual baking dishes.
Combine flour and sugar; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly. Stir in cookie crumbs and coconut; sprinkle over pineapple.
Bake at 400 ° for 30 minutes or until golden. Serve with Simple Coconut Ice Cream, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pepperidge Farm Tahoe White Chocolate Macadamia BIG Cookies.
*2 (20-ounce) cans pineapple chunks in juice, drained, may be substituted.
**1 teaspoon coconut extract may be substituted for coconut rum