Tropical Ice Box Cake
More From Oxmoor House
Freeze: 4 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 231
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.0g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 42.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 1.0mg
- Sodium: 141mg
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Calcium: 21mg
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup ripe mashed banana (about 1 banana)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (13.6-ounce) loaf fat-free pound cake (such as Entenmann's Fat Free Golden Loaf)
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. Measure 1/2 cup pineapple; reserve remaining pineapple for another use. Combine 1/2 cup pineapple, banana, and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved 1 tablespoon pineapple juice; add to fruit mixture, stirring well. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
- Cut cake horizontally into 4 equal slices. Place bottom slice on a serving platter. Spread 1/3 of pineapple mixture over cake slice. Top with another cake slice. Repeat procedure 2 times with remaining pineapple mixture and cake slices, ending with cake slice.
- Spread whipped topping over top and sides of cake. Gently press coconut on top and sides of cake. Cover and freeze at least 4 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This