Tropical Heaven Ice Cream Sundaes
Zingy lemon-lime ice cream, rich coconut sorbet, sweet ripe pineapple, and toasted coconut--it's the taste of an island vacation. A pineapple is ripe if it smells fragrant and it's easy to pull a leaf from the center of the crown (if you have to tug, the pineapple isn't ready).
More From Sunset
Freeze: 4 Hours
- Calories: 434
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Protein: 2.1g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 69g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 86mg
- Cholesterol: 7.6mg
- 2 cups lemon sorbet, softened
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-in.-thick chunks
- 1/2 cup wide-flake unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 2 cups coconut sorbet or ice cream
- 1. Stir lemon sorbet, lime juice, and lime zest together in a bowl. Freeze until firm, 4 hours.
- 2. Melt butter and brown sugar together in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pineapple and cook until sauce thickens to a glaze, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
- 3. Divide half the pineapple among 4 sundae glasses. Put 2 small scoops lemon-lime sorbet in each glass and top with half the toasted coconut, dividing evenly. Divide remaining pineapple among glasses and top each with 2 small scoops coconut sorbet. Pour in any pineapple syrup and top with remaining coconut.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note