- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 thin slices peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 star fruit, sliced
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 1/2 (3-pound) Caribbean Red papaya, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- Sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
How to Make It
Simmer water, sugar, and ginger in a small saucepan 5 minutes. Remove from heat; pour liquid through a wire-mesh strainer into a small bowl, discarding ginger. Stir in lime juice; cover and chill syrup.
Combine kiwifruit and next 4 ingredients in a trifle bowl or large serving bowl. Drizzle cooled syrup over fruit; toss gently. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.