Perfect. I didn't have lime juice. I used 2T lemon juice and 2T honey. I didn't have some of the fruits but I just improvised. I will certainly make again.
Tropical Fruit Salad
Fruit salad is a light, sweet, and good-for-you summer salad recipe. Simply toss honey and lime juice with your favorite tropical fruits, and add flaked coconut. Feel free to use this recipe as a general guide, substituting your favorite tropical fruit as desired.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 128
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 29.7g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 14mg
- Calcium: 24mg
- 2 cups (1-inch) cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup chopped peeled papaya or mango
- 1 cup sliced peeled kiwifruit (about 3 kiwifruit)
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 2/3 cup (1/4-inch-thick) slices carambola (star fruit; about 1)
- 1/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Chill at least 30 minutes.
- Combine honey and juice in a small bowl, and toss with fruit just before serving.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note