- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or other sweetener
- 24 ounces silken tofu (about 3 cups)
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and cut into big chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract, optional
- 1/2 large pineapple, peeled, quartered and cored
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- calories 380
- fat 16 g
- satfat 10 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 10 g
- carbohydrate 53 g
- fiber 7 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 82 mg
- calcium 156 mg
How to Make It
In a food processor or blender, put syrup, tofu, mangos, vanilla, salt and coconut extract, if desired. Puree, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary, until completely smooth, at least 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl.
Chop pineapple into 1/8-inch pieces and fold into pudding. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to several hours.
In a large skillet, cook coconut over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from skillet and let cool. (You can store coconut in an airtight container in refrigerator for days.) To serve, spoon pudding into bowls and sprinkle with toasted coconut.