Tropical Fruit, Avocado, and Grilled Shrimp Salad
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 pineapple, diced
- 2 ripe papayas, diced
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 roasted yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 poblano chiles, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 jalapeño peppers, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 30 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into wedges
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle onion slices with coarse salt, and rub them between your hands until you no longer feel the salt. Drain onions in a colander 15 minutes. Wring out as much liquid as you can by squeezing small bunches of the slices in your fists.
- Combine onions, pineapple, and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine olive oil and vinegar; toss with fruit mixture.
- Grill shrimp 3 minutes on each side or until opaque, and immediately toss into the salad. Gently stir in avocado. Season to taste with black pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads