A refreshing sweet little finish to any evening - great toasted coconut on top, and just the right hint of rum. Make sure to use the freshest ripest mango and kiwi for the best result.
Tropical Fruit Ambrosia with Rum
Travel to the islands with this dessert of chopped mango, kiwi, coconut, lime, and rum. If you have little ones at your gathering, substitute the rum for mango nectar or OJ. One reader stated, "This ambrosia makes for a beautiful presentation and a delicious light finish to special meals."
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 185
- Calories from fat: 7%
- Fat: 1.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 41.3g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 14mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups cubed peeled ripe mango (about 2 mango)
- 2 cups cubed peeled kiwifruit (about 6 kiwifruit)
- 2 tablespoons flaked sweetened coconut, toasted
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; stir in rum and lime juice. Cool completely.
- Combine mango and kiwifruit; add rum syrup, tossing gently. Sprinkle with coconut.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note