Tropical Food’s Trail Mix Brittle
On October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Tropical Food’s Trail Mix Brittle, was created by Ashley Cummings.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) Tropical Foodâs Diet DelightÂ®
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar
- Â½ cup(s) corn syrup
- Â½ cup(s) maple syrup
- Â½ teaspoon(s) salt
- Â½ cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Â½ teaspoon(s) apple pie spice
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking soda
- Grease baking sheet with butter and set aside for later use.
- Coat the interior of a heavy 3 quart saucepan with butter.
- Add sugars, corn syrup, maple syrup, salt and water to the coated saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once a rapid boil is achieved, add butter. Continue boiling until a temperature of 310 degrees is indicated on a candy thermometer. (Topping the mixture with a lid helps during this process to increase the heat within the saucepan without burning the mixture.)
- Once at 310 degrees, add Diet Delight®, vanilla, apple pie spice, and baking soda. Quickly stir in ingredients and pour onto the buttered baking sheet while the mixture is foamy; spread as thin as possible.
- Allow the mixture to set and cool completely, approximately one hour.
- Once cool, break brittle into pieces and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tropicalfoods and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tropical Food’s Trail Mix Brittle Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts