I've made this several times and it's delicious. Great for brunch or dinner parties, looks impressive in a crystal bowl, too.
Tropical Citrus Compote
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
This fruit combo is refreshing by itself, and a serving offers about a day's worth of vitamin C. It can also top waffles or pound cake. Garnish with thinly sliced lime rind, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 139
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 35.6g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 3mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 cups orange sections (about 3 oranges)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled mango (about 1 mango)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled papaya (about 1 papaya)
- 1 cup red grapefruit sections (about 2 grapefruit)
- 1. Combine 1/2 cup water and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; stir in rinds. Cool to room temperature. Strain sugar mixture through a fine sieve; discard solids.
- 2. Combine orange and remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add sugar mixture; toss gently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This