Tropical Bananas Foster Waffles
Total: 42 Minutes
- 1 cup (1/4-oz.) envelope active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- Caramelized Bananas
- Sweetened whipped cream
- 1/3 cup coconut, toasted
- 1/3 cup candied pecans or toasted macadamia nuts
- 1. Combine yeast and warm water in a 1-cup glass measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Whisk together egg yolks, buttermilk, and next 2 ingredients. Whisk in yeast mixture; add to dry mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- 3. Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold beaten egg white into batter. Cook in a preheated, oiled waffle iron until done.
- 4. Dollop whipped cream onto waffles. Top with Caramelized Bananas, and sprinkle with coconut and nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note