Made exactly as written except used clear rum as I didn't have the dark. It was super delicious! My whole family agreed it was a "must make again."
Tropical Bananas Foster
Freshly sliced bananas and pineapple meet soft vanilla ice cream and a savory cinnamon-flavored sauce to give you one decadent dessert. Fresh fruit is always best, but for the sake of convenience, the precut variety works well too.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 307
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 96mg
- Calcium: 98mg
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 cup (1-inch) cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ripe bananas, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 3/4 cups vanilla light ice cream
- 1. Coat a 3-quart electric slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine brown sugar and next 3 ingredients (through rum) in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 1 hour. Stir with a whisk until smooth.
- 2. Add pineapple, cinnamon, and banana to sauce, stirring to coat. Cover and cook on LOW for 15 minutes. Serve immediately over ice cream.
- Quick tip: Fresh pineapple is a treat, but sometimes for the sake of convenience, the precut variety is worth reaching for. Either way, you can't go wrong.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note