Supereasy & very tasty. Added the cinnamon to the brown sugar & butter. After the butter melted added less than 1tbs pineapple juice to smoothen. Nice with frozen yogurt, probably would be good with dessert waffles too.
Tropical Bananas Foster
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup yogurt, 4 banana pieces, and 1/3 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 262
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fat: 3.9g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 56.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 126mg
- 2 medium bananas
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup white rum
- 2 cups vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt
- Peel bananas; cut each banana in half lengthwise. Cut each half into four pieces.
- Place brown sugar and margarine in a large skillet, and cook over medium heat until margarine melts, stirring constantly. Add banana, pineapple chunks, and cinnamon; cook just until banana is tender, stirring and basting frequently with cooking liquid.
- Place rum in a small saucepan, and cook until warm. Ignite rum with a long match, and pour over banana mixture. Stir banana mixture gently until flame dies down. Spoon yogurt into dessert bowls, and top with banana mixture. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This