- 1 (4-pound) eye of round roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Hamburger buns
How to Make It
Place roast in large Dutch oven, and sprinkle with salt; add water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 2 hours or until tender, adding more water as needed after 1 hour.
Stir together tomato sauce and next 10 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Remove roast from Dutch oven, and let stand 10 minutes before serving. Shred or slice meat, and serve with hamburger buns and sauce.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Heinz Chili Sauce.