I would dub this chocolate mousse cake instead of cheesecake! Wonderfully creamy interior, and an oreo-cookie crumb flavor to the crumb crust. Agree that the hazelnut flavor was not as strong as hoped, or this would be a 5 for sure - I would a tablespoon or two more of Frangelico to the batter.
Triple Hazelnut Cheesecake
Hazelnuts, hazelnut-chocolate spread, and fat-free cheeses make this dessert lower in saturated fat and higher in heart-healthy monounsaturated fat than most cheesecakes. Look for hazelnut-chocolate spread near the peanut butter in your supermarket.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 317
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 12.3g
- Carbohydrate: 44.8g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 354mg
- Calcium: 105mg
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted and divided
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 15 chocolate wafers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 (16-ounce) container fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup hazelnut-chocolate spread (such as Nutella)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico (hazelnut-flavored liqueur, optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Place 1/4 cup hazelnuts, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and chocolate wafers in a food processor; process until finely ground. Add oil; process until crumbs are moist. Firmly press crumb mixture into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Wrap outside of pan with a double layer of aluminum foil.
- Combine instant coffee granules and 1 tablespoon hot water in a small bowl. Place cheeses in food processor; process until smooth. Add coffee mixture, cocoa, and next 6 ingredients (cocoa through salt); process until well blended. Add eggs; process until smooth. Pour mixture into pan.
- Place pan in a large baking pan; add hot water to baking pan to a depth of 1 inch. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until cheesecake center barely moves when pan is touched.
- Remove cheesecake from oven; run a knife around outside edge. Cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Remove cheesecake from springform pan; sprinkle with 1/4 cup hazelnuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note