Triple-Coconut Cream Pie - BHG
Prep 50 minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) shortbread cookie crumbs about 30 cookies
- 3/4 cup(s) sweetened flake cocount
- 1 teaspoon(s) finely shredded lime peel
- 1/2 cup(s) butter melted
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 cup(s) whole milk
- 2/3 cup(s) cream of coconut
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- whipping cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 325. In a medium bowl stir together cookie crumbs, the 3/4 cup flaked coconut, and lime peel. Stir in melted butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch deep-dish pie plate. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cook completely on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually stir in milk and cream of coconut. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. In a small bowl lightly beat egg yolks with a fork. Gradually stir about 1 cup of the hot filling into yolks. Add yolk mixture to saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in coconut extract and vanilla. Cool completely.
- 3.Top with whipped cream and additional flaked coconut that's been toasted. Chill.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Triple-Coconut Cream Pie - BHG Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries