Triple Chocolate Pecan Pie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) corn syrup
- 3/4 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounce(s) milk chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 cup(s) pecans, chopped
- 1 Pie crust, prebaked
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 ounce(s) semisweet chunks or chips
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 ounce(s) white chocolate chunks or chips
- Refrigerate doughlined pie plate for for 40 minutes, then freeze for 20 minutes. Adjust an oven rack to the lowermiddle position and heat over to 375 degrees. Cover pie with foil and add weights. Bake for 2530 minutes. Remove foil and weights and bake 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium heatproof bowl set in a skillet of water maintained at just below a simmer. Remove the bowl from the skillet; stir in the brown sugar and salt until the butter is absorbed. Beat in the eggs, then the corn syrup and vanilla. Return the bowl to the hot water; stir until the mixture is shiny and hot to the touch, about 130 degrees on an instantread thermometer. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans.
- As soon as the pie shell comes out of the over, decrease the over temperature to 275 degrees. Pour the pecan mixture into shell. Scatter the chocolate pieces over the filling and press the pieces into the filling with the back of a spoon.
- Bake on the middle rack for 65 minutes. Transper to a rack and cool at least 4 hours.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by zardja and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Triple Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries