I serve this every year for our Father's Day Brunch, everyone loves it, it's easy and makes 2 - what a bonus!
Triple-Chocolate Coffee Cake
Your book club won't know what hit them. Gone are the days of crumbled coffee cakes. Welcome to the land of triple-chocolate coffee cake goodness. Enjoy by serving with wine, milk, or simply another slice of coffee cake.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3.9-ounce) package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Beat first 6 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds or just until moistened; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels; pour batter evenly into 2 greased and floured 9-inch square cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pans on wire racks.
- Microwave white chocolate morsels in a glass bowl at HIGH 30 to 60 seconds or until morsels melt; stirring at 30-second intervals until smooth. Drizzle evenly over cakes; repeat procedure with remaining cup of semisweet morsels. Sprinkle cakes evenly with pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note