Triple Chocolate Cake with Cardamon & Merlot Covered with Choocolate Ganache
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup dark cocoa
- 1 cup merlot
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cardamom
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Triple Chocolate Merlot Bundt Cake with Cardamom
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 hour, 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cake - 16 servings
- Carbs: Carbs: 49.6
- Calories per serving: 402
- Fat per serving: 20.4
- A moist, deep chocolate cake with just a hint of merlot and cardamom. Easy enough for week night treats and elegant enough for a fancy party.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Butter and flour a bundt pan, then dust with cocoa. This will keep the crust from having white streaks on it.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan and allow to turn golden brown.
- Add the merlot, the sugar, and the cocoa. Whisk until smooth.
- Let come to room temperature and then whisk in the eggs, vanilla, and sour cream.
- Mix the dry ingredients and fold in gently.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and spoon into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean. Watch out.. if the knife hits melted chocolate chip it will streak. Make sure that it isn't chocolate on it. The batter will feel different that the chocolate. Don't overbake this cake.
- Let cool on the counter for ten minutes, loosen from pan and turn out to finish cooling.
- Glaze with ganache.
- Nutrition info is without the glaze.
- Triple Chocolate Merlot Ganache Glaze
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 5 minutes
- Yield: Enough for 1 cake (16 servings) plus some left over
- Carbs: Carbs: 12.9
- Calories per serving: 167
- Fat per serving: 11.9
- Rich chocolate ganache to pour over the cake. If you have leftover ganache just refrigerate it and roll into balls for truffles.
- 3/4 cup merlot
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- Splash of good balsamic vinegar (about 1 tbs)
- Mix the merlot and cream in a heavy saucepan and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until melted and smooth.
- Add the butter a little at a time, whisking. This will give the chocolate richness and a nice shine.
- Add the balsamic and whisk in carefully.
- Let cool until thick but still pourable.
- Drizzle over cake.
- You can dip the strawberries in the chocolate, cut them in half and arrange them on the cake.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jgeckel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note