This is a great cake! I have made it many times for many occasions and people always ask me for the recipe. Since my husband is diabetic I use a sugar -free cake mix, sugar-free pudding mix, Splenda Sugar Blend, and sugar-free chocolate chips. The cake is still very moist and tasty. People don't know that I have used all those sugar-free ingredients unless I tell them.
We used a half bag of the mini morsels in the cake batter for ease in slicing once baked. Sprinkle leftover morsels on ice cream or peanut butter sandwiches, or stir into vanilla- or coffee-flavored yogurt.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix with pudding
- 1 (3.9-ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate mini morsels
- Chocolate Glaze
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring with a whisk to remove large lumps. Add oil and next 3 ingredients, stirring until smooth. Stir in chocolate morsels. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack. Spread with Chocolate Glaze.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note