LOVED this. Would give it five stars, but I made some adjustments. I couldn't imagine a regular pie crust really working with this, and anyway I wanted to cut the recipe in half. I bought those little mini graham cracker crust shells instead, and made half of the creamy filling. Topped with blueberries and strawberries. FANTASTIC. Next time I would add a sprig of mint, and probably crumble my own graham cracker crust/bottom into ramekins. Very, very tasty.
Triple Berry Tart
Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries top this quick and easy tart. You can make this delicious dessert ahead and chill but bring it to room temperature before serving.
Yield: Makes 1 (9-inch) tart
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrust
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese (about 8 ounces), room temperature
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup small strawberries, quartered
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint blackberries
- Prepare piecrust according to package directions to fit into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake until light golden brown. Cool completely.
- Combine mascarpone and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, beating with an electric mixer at medium speed until stiff peaks form. Spoon mixture into crust, spreading evenly.
- Gently combine berries and place on filling. Release sides of pan from bottom before serving.
- Note: Tart may be assembled two hours ahead and chilled. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note