Triple Berry Curd
The combination of berries gives this curd a vibrant color, and frozen berries make it easy to enjoy year-round.
Yield: 2 1/2 cups (serving size: 1 tablespoon)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 29
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 4.8g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 18mg
- Calcium: 4mg
- 1 cup frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place all berries in a blender, and process until smooth. Press berry mixture through a sieve over a medium bowl using the back of a spoon, reserving 1 cup puree; discard seeds. Reserve any of remaining puree for another use; store in the refrigerator.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium, heavy saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Stir in 1 cup puree, juice, and eggs. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add butter, stirring gently until butter melts. Cool.
- Spoon mixture into a medium bowl; cover and chill for at least 6 hours or overnight (mixture will thicken as it cools).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Triple Berry Curd Recipe at a Glance