Everyone loved this for thanksgiving last year-a nice easy variation. I will make again, TRY it!
Trio of Peas with Pearl Onions
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 68
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Protein: 2.5g
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 8.1g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sodium: 33mg
- Cholesterol: 7.8mg
- 2 cups (9 oz.) white and/or pink pearl onions
- 2 cups shelled fresh (about 2 lb. in shell) or frozen peas
- 2 cups (1/2 lb.) sugar snap peas, ends and strings removed
- 2 cups (1/2 lb.) Chinese pea pods, ends and strings removed
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 to 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Place onions in a 5- to 6-quart pan; cover with water. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Drain in a colander.
- 2. When onions are cool enough to handle, trim off ends. To remove peel, pinch each onion with your index finger and thumb (the onion should squirt from the outside layer).
- 3. In the same pan, combine shelled peas and 1 cup water. Cover and bring to boiling over high heat. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in sugar snap peas and Chinese pea pods. Cover and cook until peas turn bright green and are tender-crisp to bite, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- 4. Quickly melt butter in the 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat. Stir in rosemary and onions. Turn heat to low, add pea mixture, and mix gently until warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables