Trio of Chocolate Truffles
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Prep: 45 min. + chilling
- Yield: 36 Servings
- 35 10 45
- •12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- •1/3 cup butter, cubed
- •4 egg yolks, beaten
- •1 tablespoon rum
- •1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- •1/3 cup raisins
- •1 tablespoon Cognac or brandy
- •4-1/2 teaspoons orange liqueur
- •1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- •1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- •3 tablespoons grated chocolate
- •3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- •2 teaspoons shortening
- •In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, heat chocolate and butter until melted, stirring frequently. Whisk a small amount of mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- • Remove from the heat; divide mixture among three small bowls. Into one bowl, stir rum and coffee granules until smooth. Stir raisins and Cognac into another; stir orange liqueur and peel into the third bowl.
- • Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- • Roll the coffee-flavored truffles in cocoa; roll the raisin-flavored truffles in grated chocolate.
- • In a microwave, melt bittersweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip orange-flavored truffles in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- • Refrigerate truffles for 2 hours or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 dozen.
- Nutritional Facts 1 truffle equals 94 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Trio of Chocolate Truffles Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies