Tri-Tip Roast with Green Peppercorn Sauce
More From Southern Living BBQ on Tour
Charcoal Grill: 35 Minutes
Gas Grill: 25 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 238
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 721mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 1 (1 1/2- to 2-lb.) BEEF Tri-Tip Roast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons green peppercorns in brine, drained
- 1 (14-oz.) can low-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 (1-oz.) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. Preheat a charcoal grill to medium, ash-covered coals or a gas grill to 300° to 350° (medium) heat. If desired, brush roast with oil.
- 2. Grill roast, turning occasionally, on a charcoal grill, without grill lid, 35 to 45 minutes, or on a gas grill, covered with grill lid, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, bring peppercorns and next 3 ingredients to a boil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, 12 to 14 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half.
- 4. Whisk together cornstarch and 2 Tbsp. water until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture and mustard to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 5. Transfer roast to a serving platter, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and let stand 10 minutes. Carve roast into thin slices. Serve with warm peppercorn sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note